Wednesday 15 December 2010

Christmas Socks

I have been knitting for just over a year, so I felt it was perhaps a little soon to start knitting Christmas gifts. However, I bit the bullet and knitted simple items for a few people in my family.

For my dad, who always has cold feet:


Socks, of course. These are made from Rico Safari and I followed Silver's Sock Class as always! I modified this to a 3x1 rib, which looks a bit more 'manly' to me, and increased the stitch count to 68.

In the absence of sock blockers, I pinned these out instead and misted them with water. It worked very well and they were nice and flat and neat for me to wrap up and send. They are currently working their way through the clogged up Royal Mail system, which is very backlogged by the recent snow - and they say there is more to come!

I like these socks so much I am knitting another pair exactly the same for Mr. Jelliebeans. He has been wearing his space socks as often as they are available during the chilly spell and he is begging me for another pair. He has been well and truly bitten by the hand-knitted sock bug.


Did you spy my blocking boards in the first picture? They were a nice little charity shop find:

 More Christmas knitting to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment