Friday 30 April 2010

knitcroblo5 - Location, Location, Location


Where do you like to indulge in your craft? Is your favourite arm chair your little knitting cubby area, or do you prefer to ‘knit in public’? Do you liek to crochet in the great outdoors, perhaps, or knit in the bath, or at the pub? TAGGING CODE: knitcroblo5

About a year ago, we decided that our spare room was just too small for all the things we wanted to do in there. Not only am I a prolific collector of new hobbies, Mr. Jelliebeans is also a musician and needs his own desk space for other things. We decided to swap - the small room is now our bedroom, and the larger one is what we call our 'office' though we could just as easily call it a den or creative space. We wanted it to be adaptable, depending on whatever we needed space for at any given time, but also fairly minimalist. Plus, we were on a tight budget!

When Mr. Jelliebeans is recording his music, I'm often curled up here with either my needles or a book in hand:


I made the 'rug' under the sofa - it's actually a quilt. The sofa faces a big window.

Nowadays, though, Hurley often claims this prize spot, so I often knit at my sewing/painting/writing/general craft table.

The painting on my easel is a creative exercise from the book 'Painting Abstracts' by Rolina van Vliet. My fabric and yarn stash, along with all my other supplies, are in the cream chest of drawers and the plastic roll-out drawers. The cupboard behind houses, among other things, my canvases.

Most of my knitting is probably done on the living room sofa though, watching TV or listening to music and accompanied by this little gremlin:

That underbite is outrageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment