Thursday 29 April 2010

knitcroblo3 - One Great Knitter

Write about a knitter whose work (whether because of project choice, photography, styling, scale of projects, stash, etc) you enjoy. If they have an enjoyable blog, you might find it a good opportunity to send a smile their way. TAGGING CODE: knitcroblo3

I’m going with a designer for this entry – or more precisely one book by a designer that has caught my attention.

French Girl Knits by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes recently made its way onto my book-buying wishlist, and may end up being the first knitting book that I buy. Kristeen’s designs are a combination of feminine, romantic, with a bit of 60’s inspired styling that I really love. I’m quite close to being a tomboy in the way I dress, but when I do go a bit more feminine it’s this sort of style that I feel comfortable in and Kristeen designs this wonderfully.

Most of the designs incorporate lacework, and I’m sure that I’ll end up trying my hand at a couple of these. There aren’t a huge number of projects on Ravelry – I’m not sure why that is. Perhaps the book hasn’t been released in all countries, or it’s just not very well known. Whatever it is, I find Kristeen’s designs to be different and very appealing and if you haven't seen them yet, I definitely recommend taking a look at the Ravelry book page. 

1 comment:

  1. I've always liked Veronique from that book. However, after a couple of summers knitting short-sleeved tops which never got worn (too hot and bulky for summer, too cold for winter) I swore I'd never knit another short-sleeve top so the rest of the projects in the book don't appeal.

    It is a shame as I reaaaalllly like Veronique

    ReplyDelete