Monday 21 December 2009

Vintage Needle Roll

I originally bought this bedsheet in a charity shop for 99p to use as template material for a bigger project I have in mind. I couldn't bring myself to use it for that though - it seemed like such a waste of the cute vintage print.

As an experiment I tried using my Folk Art Craft acrylics to see if they would work as fabric paint. While they dry a little stiff, they didn't seem to fade, which is what I'd read could happen.

What every knitter needs is a needle roll, and I thought it would also be handy to have pockets for the other things I tend to hunt out while knitting - scissors, a tape measure, yarn needles, pegs for holding books open, as well as the usual knitting needles, crochet hooks and my new dpns! Also, I wanted room to grow.

As you can see, my supplies are delightfully mismatched, since I've been picking up knitting needles from charity shops for about 20p a pair, and my dpns I got as part of someone's clearout on ebay ready to start my adventures in sock knitting.

I pretty much made this up as I went along and I love how it's turned out (click for bigger pictures).



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment