Saturday 5 December 2009

Books, Books and More Books

DH and I sorted through all our books this week. We do this a few times a year since we have a finite amount of shelf-space and I am quite capable of doubling the amount of insulation we have with the amount of books I bring into the house.

My weakness is second-hand books, and since I have eclectic reading tastes (check out my librarything widget) I can find something interesting in pretty much any collection.

As it stands, I have about 32 books in my TBR (To Be Read) pile. Since I aim to read 50 books a year, I'm not going to run out for a good few months.

But of course that doesn't stop me. Not when I pass a market stand with '4 books for £1' written on it. How can I possibly walk past that?

So now added to my TBR pile are:

The Resurrectionist by James Bradley  - body snatchers in Victorian London.

Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill - a very promising ghost chiller

The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory - most of  the world has now read this, but I haven't

Life Support by Tess Gerritsen - Tess Gerritsen has become one of my favourite authors recently. Dean Koontz used to be my 'fail-safe' when I was having trouble finding something to grab me, but since he has gone so spectacularly downhill (I couldn't even finish that one with the killer clowns), Tess Gerritsen has taken over his place.


Because I'm a member of Bookmooch, I have a great local library and there are so many places to find cheap books where I live I very rarely buy new books. When I saw Soulless by Gail Carriger mentioned on a Librarything thread I got quite excited about it. Vampires, werewolves, a steampunk mystery in Victorian London, with a humourous touch? Ticks so many of my boxes I ordered it new and so far it hasn't disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment