Tuesday 22 December 2009

Two scarves and lots of socks

I now have a lovely big pile of cheap yarn, courtesy of Kemps online wool shop, decorating my sewing area.

I have Patons Reef in Spinnaker and Wendy Moiselle in Dragonfruit - both gorgeous and hopefully enough for a scarf made out of each. Also some Regia sock yarn - two lots in the Galaxy design and two lots of the Kaffe Fassett colourways. This is 'self-patterning yarn', which means that if the number of cast-on stitches and the gauge is correct, it should result in the intended pattern. I also have some Patons Vintage in the 'Faded' shade, which is not exactly what I was expecting texture-wise, so I still have to decide what to do with that (I was expecting to make thick, fluffy socks with it, but it's not 'fluffy' yarn).


No comments:

Post a Comment